A somewhat eclectic overview of the things that interest, inspire and entertain me.

Saturday 25 July 2009

Planes, Trains and Automobiles....

The beginning of summer...I suppose this should be a very relaxing time without work worries, time constraints and early starts, however so far I have spent most of my time either on a train, walking to or from a train or planning my next train journey. Ah, London. City of trains. It has been fun - I've seen lots of lovely people (including some I haven't caught up with in ages) and have been to a good mixture of new places and places that I had almost forgotten about.

Three of the best things to come from my visit to London this week...
1) a reminder that the antique clothing/jewellery stalls behind Islington High Street are truly
wondrous.

2) Commercial Tavern, Commercial Street: lovely place, awful wine.

3) finding out about www.theselby.com from Faye.
Good find (see picture)








On to Planes. My parents have just flown off on their summer holiday and I can honestly say I have never seen such concise flight details - even when I'm the one flying. I have their reservation numbers, flight numbers, departure gates, seat numbers and I think even the Pilots shoe size. Just in case.

Automobiles. Or, to be more specific - MY automobile. My shiny new car arrives in a few short weeks and I am most excited. I am not the sort of person who buys a new car. I am the sort of person who feels sorry for a really old car that is a nice colour, takes pity on it and then forks out hundreds on keeping it spluttering along. But then along came the Fiat 500...a thing of beauty.

Right, better go and pack. Getting a train back to London in the morning. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Lecturing in art and design is a lovely job and I dont take it for granted. I am really interested in the quality of what we do here and firmly believe that people who study art at university level have a distinct advantage over those who dont. So I suppose my job is to prove it.